Great Ouseburn Playing Field is owned and controlled by Great Ouseburn Parish Council. The area originally known as the Flatts Allotments was purchased by the Parish council on 9th August 1921 from Lord Knaresborough using parish funds and a loan of £200. The land continued to be used as allotments until 1952 when the area that is now the children’s playground was set over for the erection of a village hall. In 1962 it was decided to convert the rest of the land into the playing field.
The playing field is open for use by the public and the calendar below shows when areas of it are booked by the Cricket Club and other groups restricting use.
Requests for use can be made by email to [email protected]
Plaing Field Location
- Village Hall and Playing Field